Sunday, November 1, 2009

Unsuccessful Beginnings

Well the first week of my social experiment came and left, and I had less than successful results. By popular vote, I was supposed to ask out a guy who was not my type. In retrospect, probably a bad decision on my part to have this be the kick off of my blog. The problem is, I have a hard time defining what exactly qualifies as my type. I guess I usually have a few qualifiers: taller than me, usually athletic build, and charming. The list of deal breakers is much more concrete: smoking, arrogance, pompous or elitist attitude, ignorant/ rude, and guys with no aspirations in life. I don't really consider myself a hard girl to please (if you can make me laugh, you are 80% there). That being said, not many guys have succeeded the last little while. I did go out this Halloween with the intention of asking out a guy. I saw and danced with lots of guys. Received many strange pick up lines. But the more guys I met, the less and less I felt inclined to ask any of them out. I will keep my eyes open, but I think this goal will have to be a continuous one over the year, rather than a week.

I will, however, be giving blood this week! November 4th to be exact. I have never given blood before. I don't even know my blood type to be honest. I am excited, but mostly scared of watching that bag fill up. Even the doctor taking a small vile of blood for tests weirds me out. I'll take my camera with me so you can have documented proof of my trials.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment